Emergency Factory Support
Superior- We’re here when you need us most. When our customers need that rapid response, they know that can trust Superior to get the job done with what they need, when they need it.
Our Emergency Capabilities
With our emergency factory assist capabilities, typically, we can turn your dies and material around in 36 hours from receipt. With 2 shifts and 2 facilities, we can accommodate almost every requirement, large or small, 24/7 when you need it. Talk to one of our Superior Representatives to find out if we can be your die & stamping ER department when you need one. Experience Superior.
To ensure that your requirements are processed effectively and efficiently, we have embedded our process in our work instructions tied to our ISO document as time is your most valuable resource when your press is down.
Superior's Emergency Assist - When You Need a Partner
Total time to your parts to arrive 27 to 112 hours, of 5 days total start to finish
Obtaining your information on what you need and when
Superior determines how your parts can be run at our facility
Your dies, raw material, containers, quality fixtures, operations samples for quality assurance and inspection sheet to transit to Superior
Die, Raw Material, process layout are set in press line and 30 piece run is completed to ensure all quality feature are compliant with Operational samples sent
- Initial production run is started and 1st shipment of your parts are inspected and packed in your containers
- Parts arrive as your plant is ready for production
Emergency Assist Timeline
Task #1: Receive Customer Die/Process information.
Purpose: To obtain customer information listed below either on the attached form or in customer’s in-house format.
- Part name and number
- Die Lineup and Shut Heights
- All die dimensions
- Special die functions, delays, changeover, pierce nut
- Air pin patten, size and above bolster
- Material specifications
- Tonnage requirements
- Number of dies
- Immediate pieces required with drop dead date
- Length of assist time
- Weekly volume
- Lube information
- Inspection criteria
- Die weights
- Quality / Product contact phone # / email
- Tooling contact phone # / email
- Material contact phone # / email
- Packaging and container information
- Ship to Location
- Inspection history or run studies, etc.
- GD&T, Material tolerances
- Tooling spare parts (perishables)
- Fixture operating procedures (Roadmap)
- Sample parts
- Operational panels (if available)
- Math data
Task #2: Feasibility
Purpose: Determine Feasibility of Assistance
When information has been received, SDT will evaluate and determine if SDT is capable of assisting in production. If yes, the tools and all necessary peripherals will be transported to Superior’s facility by our customers.
Task #3: Items to be Transported:
Purpose: To obtain all items needed for production.
- Packing racks / Shipping rack or container
- Spare sections / punches / buttons (if available)
- Checking fixtures
- Special bullrings, risers, plates necessary for production
- Current operational panels or a boundary sample
- Current inspection sheets with exceptions noted or inspection instructions
Task #4: Setup
Purpose: Setup tools and produce first piece for production approval.
- Set dies in their respective presses
- Run (30) pieces to verify part to fixture or sample
- Do dimensional layout on one part
- Report layout findings to QA contact by fax / email.
- Customer signs off on Part Submission Warrant
Task #5: Production Starts
Purpose: Run initial part quantity, pack and ship to production facility- Run rates depend on process and complexity of operations by normally range between 150 to 250 pph.
Milestone: Product arrives at customer plant
Ship first 500 to 1000 parts to customers plant. Depending upon the distance, 1st shipments often leave our plants within 48 to 72 hours
Contacts - Time Frame - Cell Phone
- Josh Holstein - Engineering - 8:00am-8:00pm EST - 614-314-1589
- Jim Middleton - Plant Manager - 6:00am-5:00pm EST - 614-309-5823
- Tony Stockton - Plant Manager- 7:00am-5:00pm EST - 614-563-4892
- Buddy Minnard - Prod Control - 7:00am-5:00pm EST - 614-560-6437
- Joe Grande - Nights Manuf Mgr- 2:30pm-Midnight EST- 614-309-5619
- Paul Hook - VP - 24 Hours - 614-395-9005
- Michael Bonczak - Commercial - 24 Hours - 937-419-9062
Tell us about your project and our experts will deliver a custom Superior Solution to meet your business needs.
The Superior Choice.
From concept through finished product, The Superior Die, Tool & Machine Company has the equipment and capabilities to produce and deliver quality products on-time at a competitive price.